A green world is possible and we are committed to being part of the change with everyday actions.
E.c.ho. is the clearest example of Starhotels’ effort to reduce the environmental impact that is still relevant in the hospitality industry, as it offers a wide range of sustainable and cutting edge solutions, providing its guests with an unforgettable and natural experience of eco-responsibility.
- Thermal insulation system for all external walls
- Fancoils controlled by a domotic system
- Lighting control in rooms (when guest is present)
- Low consumption lighting (leds) in all areas
- Heat recovery system on the cooling plant (used to heat sanitary water)
- Solar power plant
- Packaging made of recyclable materials
- Furnishings in public areas are “FSC” certified
- Waste sorting
- Buffet ware employing ecological and recycled materials
- Printing paper with FSC mark
- Recovery of soapy water for use in WC flushes
- Taps with low water consumption
- Micro-filtered tap water served in sterilized recycled glass bottles
- Micro-filtered water dispenser in bar and restaurant
- Change of sheets/towels only on request
- Starhotels E.c.ho. has obtained the Green Globe certification for sustainability of travel and tourism with the 90% of conformity to sustainability Green Globe's criteria. From 2019, Starhotels E.c.ho. is a Gold Member, status awarded to members that are certified for 5 consecutive years.