The linear architecture of the Starhotels Excelsior is in perfect keeping with its dynamic modern environment. The meticulous interiors are functional and contemporary. Located opposite the main railway station, it is a stone's throw from the historic town centre, 3 km from the motorway and 2 km from the exhibition centre.
The 193 rooms. including 39 junior suites and 24 executive rooms, are traditional and practical with mahogany furniture, parquet flooring or fitted carpets and soft, warm colours. Some rooms overlook the famous towers in the heart of Bologna. Special Starhotels amenities include the Starbed (soft goose down) for a wonderful night's sleep.
Subtle decor and impeccable service are the hallmarks of the Fondente bar, with its artful mesh of dark hues punctuated by light cadences, and the Avorio restaurant, with its copper columns, mirrors and courtyard views. Avorio serves traditional Bolognese recipes to which the Chef adds his famous personal touch.
Our Fitness Room features state-of-the-art-equipment, carefully designed lighting and décor, providing the perfect environment for working out. Downstairs in the library area in a sequence of discreet comfort zones, unwind and dip into the wide selection of books.
The 5 conference rooms, seating from 30 to 220 people, with an overall capacity of 380, constitute a multifunctional, flexible zone that can be easily adapted to cater for a vast range of requirements. The arena of interactive facilities includes the Sala Targetti. Here, the colour of the room is controllable by an advanced lighting design system.
The Starhotels Excelsior hotel can be found at Viale Pietramellara, 51 - 40121 Bologna
From the station
- From the Train Station (100 metres away)
From the highway
- From the A1 Milano/Roma highway and the A13 Venezia/Padova highway (3 km), at Bologna take the Tangenziale bypass road towards Ancona, exit n.7 (Fiera/Via Stalingrado/Centro), towards the Stazione Ferroviaria train station.
- From the A14 Ancona/Bari highway (3 km), at Bologna take the Tangenziale bypass road towards Nord/Milano, exit n.7 (Fiera/Via Stalingrado/Centro), towards the Stazione Ferroviaria train station.
From the airport
- From Marconi Airport (11 km) take the Tangenziale bypass road towards Sud/Ancona, exit n.7 (Fiera/Via Stalingrado/Centro), towards the Stazione Ferroviaria train station; take the Airbus shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes, the Stazione Ferroviaria train station stop is right across from the hotel.
From the Fiera (Fairgrounds)
- From the Fiera Fairgrounds (2 km), take a bus to the Stazione Ferroviaria train station.